Sunday 26 November 2017

Self-Introduction (Edited)

To: Professor Brad Blackstone

Senior Lecturer
Centre for Communication Skills
Singapore Institute of Technology @ Dover
10 Dover Drive
Singapore 138683

Date: 10 September 2017

Subject: Self-Introduction

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I am Jasson Juay Wei Sheng, a student of your Effective Communication (Group 5) class. I am writing to introduce myself. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in environmental and water technology in 2015. The course has increased my awareness on the impact of our actions on the environment and how it would affect us. I wanted to strengthen my foundation in built environment and green technology so as to better pursue my goal of contributing towards building a more liveable and sustainable environment.

I reflected on my communication skills and I believe I am a good listener. During discussions in class, I do not interrupt when someone is speaking. I also keep an open mind and try to understand the speaker's perspectives. I will ask questions if I do not understand what has been said.

One aspect of my communication skills that I want to improve is my writing skill.  I usually take a long time to organise my thoughts and find the right words to convey my messages precisely and concisely. I tend to edit my written assignments many times to ensure the paragraphs are coherent and the intended messages are conveyed as clearly as possible and within the given word limits.

I hope the effective communication module would help me to speak and write better. They are essential skills especially when I join the workforce.  I am already seeing results. The peer feedback approach is an example. It enables me to learn from the mistakes I made and those made by my peers; learning more from a single assignment in the process. I looked forward to learning more about communicating correctly, clearly, concisely and coherently from this module.

Best regards,
Jasson Juay
SIE 2016 (Group 5)

Edited on 11 September
Edited on 12 September
Edited on 20 September
Edited on 23 September
Edited on 26 November

Commented on:
Khoo Nee Kong’s blog
Ho Yong Quan’s blog
Joel Leow Zhi Yuan’s blog

No comments:

Post a Comment